Framing Glossary

Here is a list of framing terms that anyone framing should know

Independent Framing’s

Complete Glossary of Framing Terms

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Reset list
Gallery Wrap -  When artwork continues from the front surface of a stretched canvas down the sides.
Gesso -  A plaster substance applied to frame moulding to create a smooth base prior to applying the finish.
Giclee Print -  A popular method used to produce fine art prints
Gilding -  Applying gold leaf to the surface of the frame. The two primary types used are water gilding and oil gilding.  
Glazing -  A generic term used for covering art and mats with glass or acrylic