Framing Glossary

Here is a list of framing terms that anyone framing should know

Independent Framing’s

Complete Glossary of Framing Terms

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Reset list
Rabbet Depth -  The interior height of the frame where the contents will be placed  
Rabbet Width -  The amount of the frame lip that will overlap onto the contents placed in the frame  
Rag Mat -  The mat looks like paper but it was made from cotton fibers. Rag mats are recommended when you want to preserve art.  
Reflection Control Glass -  Another term for Non-Glare Glass  
Reverse -  A type of moulding profile where the inside edge is deeper and slopes down to the wall at the outer edge.  
Reverse Bevel -  When a mat is cut so the beveled edge does not show  
Rottenstone -  A fine powder used to antique frames